We’ve put together a list of frequently asked questions to answer most general inquiries regarding Seabird Key,
your own private island in the Florida Keys. If you have additional questions, please Contact Us.
Rental rates and seasonal rates are available. View Seabird Key’s rates.
Seabird Key does not accept bookings for less than one week.
Deposit, payment & cancellation
Once you directly book Seabird Key, you will receive a deposit request followed by a confirmation email.
Full booking balance is due 60 days prior to arrival.
– A $500 deposit is required to book Seabird Key.
– Deposit is 50% refundable if booking is cancelled before 60 days. $250 is kept for administration costs.
– Cancellation within 6o days of arrival results in total loss of deposit and full booking.
Payment to book Seabird Key directly can be made by check, e-check, Visa, Master Card,
Discover, & American Express. A 3% business/service fee will be applied.
Check-in time is 4:00 p.m. If you experience any unexpected delays, please contact our manager, Jeff Davis, directly.
Check-out time is 10:00 a.m.
Secure parking is provided at our mainland launch site in Marathon (GPS: 11010 First Avenue Gulf| Marathon, FL | 33050)
located directly behind Beall’s Outlet, @Mile Marker 54, where you will be greeted at 4pm, by our manager
What type of amenities can I expect on Seabird Key?
- Off-site manager Jeff Davis
- Florida elegant guest house (sleeps 8 comfortably)
- 19′ Boston Whaler
- Fishing, water skiing, snorkeling, diving and tubing
- Kayaks and canoes
- Your own private beach
- Hammocks and lounge chairs
- Full outdoor kitchen
- Small dinner or party/25 people or less wedding planner (additional charge)
- Fishing charters, dive trips (additional charge)
- Yoga instruction, massage therapy, hair & make-up (additional charge)
- Grocery service and private chef (additional charge)
- Mid-week maid service (additional charge)
- Fishing charters, dive trips, yoga instruction, massage therapy, shopping service,
chef and mid-week maid service can be arranged at an additional charge.
Seabird Key comes with the following:
- Bed linens and bath towels
- Beach towels, sun block, life jackets, etc…
- 19′ Boston Whaler comes equipped with an assortment of masks, fins snorkels, and life vests
- Personal Flotation Devices (PFD)
- Safety Whistles
- Start-up supplies of dishwasher and laundry detergent, toilet paper and paper towels
- Hair dryers
- Dish towels
- Trash bags and coffee filters
- Laundry and dish detergent
- Iron and ironing board
- Outdoor kitchen is fully equipped and will be stacked with cold drinks upon your arrival
- Commercial ice machine is located on Seabird Key’s mailand launch site
- Cooler/refrigerator/small freezer are located on Seabird Key
We recommend you pack protective light-weight clothing, sunglasses, a hat and comfortable shoes. Our 19′ Boston Whaler has plenty of room to accommodate reasonable luggage for 8 people and groceries, on your initial trip out to Seabird Key.
– There are 2 grocery stores within a 10-15 minute walk of Seabird Key’s mainland launch site. Winn-Dixie and Publix.
– One week before arrival, you can email our booking office with a provisioning request. There is an additional fee for this service. The service fee is $25 per/hr & cost of goods totalling $500 or less. Payment for this service and goods is collected directly by the personal shopper in the form of cash or a personal check.
Please note that there is no mail delivery on an offshore island such as Seabird Key.
If you need to send something before arrival, our office will supply you with a secure mainland address.
Once the package has arrived, our manager, Jeff Davis will bring it directly to Seabird Key.
Do you provide bikes and beach necessities?
Seabird Key provides you with all the beach necessities, kayaks, paddle boards and more.
We also provide you with Bikes located on the mainland launch site. If you want to rent jet skis, or take a tour,
we recommend Jerry’s Watersports and Rentals | 1.800.775.2646
Do you need a boating license to operate Seabird Key’s 19′ Boston Whaler?
According to Florida Law – Any person born on or after January 1, 1988, may not operate
a vessel powered by a motor of 10 horsepower or greater unless such person has in his or
her possession on board the vessel photographic identification and a boater’s safety identification card.
(Section 327.395, Florida Statutes.
If you require a boater’s safety identification card, you may obtain your boating license online.
Is there a housekeeping fee for my reservation?
Housekeeping fees are included in your reservation and maid service will provide bedding,
bath towels, beach towels and more. You may schedule additional days of housekeeping services.
Additional house keeping service fees will be applied to your reservation.
Is Seabird Key a pet-friendly property?
No. We do apologize for the inconvenience but because of all the beautifully preserved wild life on Seabird Key,
it is safest to keep domesticated pets off the island. We recommend calling Dogs En Vogue –
Grooming, Boarding & Daycare 12237 Overseas Hwy | Marathon, FL | 33050 | Tel: 1+ 305.743.0535
Tipping Seabird Key’s manager
That’s entirely up to you and your guests. While not required, it sure makes our manager feel GREAT to know he’s very appreciated.